See and Do
Dumfries and Galloway is the perfect location whetever your interest whether it be culture, the arts, crafts, literature, history, outdoor activities, beachcombing or simply relaxing. There are many excellent restaurants and pubs serving local produce and 'real' ales brewed in the area. There is an extensive choice of activities available in the immediate area.
- Golf - Colvend parkland golf course (18 holes) is within 2 miles from all B&B's. Southerness championship standard links course is around 5 miles away while Solway Links (18), Craigieknowe (9) and Dalbeattie (9) are all within 6 miles. A further 20 courses are located within an hours drive away.
- Bird watching - reserves at Mersehead, Ken-Dee Marshes and Caerlaverock
- Gardens - Threave Gardens, Threave Castle and a host of other attractions are only a short journey away
- Mountain Biking - world renowned 7 stanes trails close by
- Cycling - on quiet back roads or forest paths
- Horse riding - available at Barend nearby
- Water Sports - at Loch Ken (20 miles)
- Fishing - sea, loch and river throughout the area
- Yachting - at Kippford
- Walking - coastal and forest walks in abundance
- Beaches - safe sandy beach at Sandyhills (within 2 miles), also a good beach at Rockcliffe
- Kirkcudbright - artist's town, museum, and art galleries, ancient castle and harbour
- Castle Douglas - food town, great shopping choices
- Dumfries - Robert Burns connection
- Dumfries and Galloway is home to a variety of tea rooms, craft shops and potteries.